Lallybroch France

LE forum francophone consacré à la saga du Cercle de Pierre, la fabuleuse oeuvre de Diana Gabaldon et à son adaptation TV, la série Outlander..

AccueilCalendrierFAQRechercherMembresGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Marian911
Lady of Lallybroch

MessageSujet: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Mer 15 Juin - 10:15

Le prochain opus des aventures de Lord John paraîtra probablement cette année.

La question que tout le monde ce pose: ce "Scottish Prisoner" aurait-il un rapport avec notre Jamie?

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://gabaldon-lallybroch.forumactif.org
Creag
soigne un rouquin

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Ven 17 Juin - 9:53

Je me pose en effet la même question. Mais s'il s'agit de Jamie, ne serait-ce pas une sorte de redite, quoique le changement de perspective puisse offrir quelque intérêt ? Alors... wait and see.
Marian911
Lady of Lallybroch

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Jeu 30 Juin - 14:40

Voilà la réponse à notre question: oui, Jamie est bien le héros bis de ce dernier tome de Lord John! cheers

Diana Gabaldon a écrit:
Righto. Now, I had promised to show you the two openings I have for SCOTTISH PRISONER. As it stands, I’m opening the book with Jamie’s point of view—but I _could_ open with Lord John’s first chapter instead, and do Jamie’s second. I did it this way because I’d like people to realize right away that this is Jamie’s book, as much as Lord John’s—but it _is_ a Rather Unusual {cough} way to open a book.

So—those of you who don’t read excerpts should stop Right Here.

Those of you who _do_…here you go, and hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think: Jamie first, or Lord John?

Pour résumer, Diana Gabaldon explique qu'elle hésite entre commencer le livre avec un chapitre adoptant le point de vue de Jamie ou un chapitre adoptant le point de vue de Lord John. Elle dit qu'il est très important pour elle que les gens comprennent que ce livre a pour héros aussi bien Jamie que Lord John. cheers cheers cheers

Marian911
Lady of Lallybroch

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Ven 8 Juin - 6:57

Pour info, The Scottish Prisoner est enfin sorti en anglais. Reste à voir dans combien de temps nous aurons droit à la traduction française. Le premier chapitre adopte visiblement le point de vue de Jamie:

Citation :
SECTION I: The Fate of Fuses

Chapter 1: April Fool

Helwater, the Lake District
April 1, 1760

It was so cold out, he thought his cock might break off in his hand—i. If he could find it. The thought passed through his sleep-mazed mind like one of the small, icy drafts that darted through the loft, making him open his eyes.

He could find it now; had waked with his fist wrapped round it and desire shuddering and twitching over his skin like a cloud of midges. The dream was wrapped just as tightly round his mind, but he knew it would fray in seconds, shredded by the snores and farts of the other grooms. He needed her, needed to spill himself with the feel of her touch still on him.

Hanks stirred in his sleep, chuckled loudly, said something incoherent, and fell back into the void, murmuring, “Bugger, bugger, bugger…”

Jamie said something similar under his breath in the Gaelic, and flung back his blanket. Damn the cold.

He made his way down the ladder into the half-warm, horse-smelling fug of the barn, nearly falling in his haste, ignoring a splinter in his bare foot. He hesitated in the dark, still urgent. The horses wouldn’t care, but if they noticed him, they’d make enough noise, perhaps, to wake the others.

Wind struck the barn and went booming round the roof. A strong chilly draft with a scent of snow stirred the somnolence, and two or three of the horses shifted, grunting and whickering. Overhead, a murmured “‘ugger” drifted down, accompanied by the sound of someone turning over and pulling the blanket up round his ears, defying reality.

Claire was still with him, vivid in his mind, solid in his hands. He could imagine that he smelled her hair in the scent of fresh hay. The memory of her mouth, those sharp white teeth …he rubbed his nipple, hard and itching beneath his shirt, and swallowed.

His eyes were long accustomed to the dark; he found the vacant loose-box at the end of the row and leaned against its boards, cock already in his fist, body and mind yearning for his lost wife.

He’d have made it last if he could, but he was fearful lest the dream go altogether and he surged into the memory, groaning. His knees gave way in the aftermath and he slid slowly down the boards of the box into the loose piled hay, shirt rucked round his thighs and his heart pounding like a kettle drum.

Lord, that she might be safe, was his last conscious thought. She and the child.

Creag
soigne un rouquin

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Ven 8 Juin - 19:22

Ca commence bien !!!

Merci de cet échantillon.

J'ai la flemme de le lire en anglais ; je vais attendre la traduction française.
NOUT
part en vacances en Ecosse

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   Dim 22 Fév - 19:36

Aaaah, Lord John !!!  Embarassed

J'avoue que je ne suis pas déçue de ce roman mais toujours sur ma faim
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner   

Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut